Missions, qualities required, challenges to meet: Xavier Doger de Speville, class of 2015, will tell us more about his Special Events function at the four Indigo Group hotels.
A Vatel Mauritius 2015 graduate, Xavier Doger de Speville completed his knowledge in Resorts management with Palaces management when he did his second year at Vatel in France, followed by internships at the legendary Bristol and Royal Monceau hotels in Paris.
Merely five months later, he was promoted from the Events and Banquets Coordinator to Special Events Manager for the four Indigo Group hotels in Mauritius.
Planning and organizing events such as international festivals, weddings, golf or yachting competitions... this is what Xavier does every day. Exciting but demanding daily work, as budgets are tight and he has to look for sponsors!
What are your main missions?
- A to Z management for events and their overview
- Developing and maintaining guest relations
- Coordinating with all the concerned departments: the kitchens, the rooms divisions, restaurant services, etc.
- Analyzing performances, presenting the facts and figures of the results
What qualities are required to be successful in a job like this?
- Organization and thoroughness
- Communication and the sense of details
- Creativity and originality
- Team management in the weeks that I spent at the Vatel Restaurant
- How to love this line of work thanks to all the experiences that my professors and internship tutors shared with me
What do you like the best about this job?
- The relationships I have with my colleagues and clients
- The opportunities
- The days that are each completely different...
=> For more information: read Resorts & Palaces to discover his learning path
Discover here one of Xavier's event : The Labourdonnais Golf Challenge 2016