So, what’s happened at Vatel Lyon in the past 10 years?
- The school moved to its new facilities rue Franklin and Quai Gailleton
- The application restaurant was renovated and donned crystal clothing
- Master pastry Chef Bonnet retired
- Mrs. Claudette Luxton, the Restaurant Reception Manager and Catherine Deniau, the Corporate Law and Hospitality Law professor both got haircuts
- Delphine Cinquin began managing the school
- The Vatel Cafe was enlarged and Vatel Gourmet opened its doors
- The logo was rejuvenated while others started getting gray hairs...
But the Vatel Spirit is still the same: solidarity, smiling, frienship...
They were only 20 then... and now:
Present all throughout France, from Paris to Nice without forgetting Lyon...
Present all throughout Europe, from London to Madrid without forgetting Brussels...
Present all over the world from the United States to Australia without forgetting the Emirates...
Alumni from the Vatel Lyon class of 2008 have successful careers all throughout the world, and very different jobs. For instance:
As Restaurant Managers:
- Frederic Zemmour at the Sofitel Los Angeles
- Laure Bevillard, at the Hilton London Olympia
- Camille Piscano, at the St Regis Washington
- Emmanuel Anton, with the Rezidor group in Brussels
- Gaelle Bray, at the 5* Cour des Loges hotel in Lyon
- Jules Dubois, at the Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong
- Pierre-Antoine Jullien, at Anantara Hotels in Oman in the Emirates
- Mélanie Serre, Executive Chef at the l'Atelier Joel Robuchon Etoile, in Paris
- Pierre Vidal, the Cost Controller at the Le Fouquet's Paris Hotel
- Marion Pigelet, the Account Manager at Booking in Nice
- Alexandre Barbier, the Corporate Comptroller at the Ritz Hotel in Madrid
In sales, special events, marketing and at the front desk:
- Martin Vitte, the Sales Manager at the Park Hyatt Paris Vendome Hotel.
- Elsa Rouanet, the Sales Manager for Latin America, and the Western Coast in the US at the Park Hyatt Paris Vendôme
- Coralie Stehlin, the Front Desk Supervisor at the Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora
- Florian Gavinaitis, the Marketing Manager at the Manoir Hovey, Quebec Canada
- Anne Blanquet, the Special Events Manager at Mama Shelter Lyon
- Alexandra Bernard, the Events Coordinator at the National Institute of Drama in Sydney, Australia
- Stanislas De Boissieu, the Group Operations Manager for the Mahki hotel chain in Dubai
- Benjamin Martelli, a Parliamentary Collaborator in the Senate in Paris
- Etienne Jonget, the Projects Manager at Potel & Chabot in Paris
- Julia Brakel, the Products Manager at Expedia in Geneva, Switzerland