After several months of theoretical courses / professional experience courses at the InterContinental David Tel Aviv Hotel, Vatel proposed two internships to Mathilde:
Then Mathilde decided to continue her graduate studies at Vatel Nimes. This time it was up to her to find an internship for her MBA in International Hotel Management. A highly strategic internship, one that would last for six months.
“During a trip to Morocco in 2015, I had lunch in a restaurant whose Director was a Vatel Marrakesh alumnus. We stayed in touch with one another and when I was looking for my internship, I contacted him, mentioning that I had chosen the Special Events Specialization for my 5th year. He put me in touch with the Sofitel Marrakesh Communication and Special Events Manager. I had found my internship,” said the student.
When she arrived in Morocco in December 2016, she was immediately put in charge of promoting the hotel’s three venues: the Palate Darkum tea room, the Ultima Pool Lounge private pool, and the So Spa.
1 managerial internship, 3 fields of action
- Monthly monitoring of domestic and international press
- Writing and diffusing press releases
- Creating internal and external communication supports
- Organizing photo shots
- Project management
- Promoting the brand’s visual identity
- Partnerships with the Marrakesh International Film Festival and the Marrakesh du Rire festival
- Organization of recurrent events such as grand openings and themed evenings
- Prospection and negotiations with external service providers
- Writing and managing our web and social networking content
- Coordination with digital service providers
“This internship was nothing like the others! I handle my files from A to Z, kindly supervised by my manager. I’m both autonomous and a part of all group actions.
I think I’ve already found my dissertation subject, which will be on promoting the Sofitel Marrakesh identity through sponsored external events.