Every year, 7,000 Vatel students throughout the world take theoretical courses in marketing, human resources, law, administration and finance, combined with experimental courses of a professional nature in Vatel’s practical application facilities.
Only given at Vatel Nimes, the MBA Vatel “Events Management” specialization allows 5th year students to gain knowledge in the hospitality field, as seen through the prism of special events. Here are a few examples:
Vatel subjects focused on special events management
- Marketing: negotiating partnerships, creating an image, promoting a region by a special event
- Communication: managing relationships with the press before, during and after the event
- Finance: protecting and registering a trademark, renting or acquiring equipment
- Law: knowing and applying intellectual property and social laws when hiring specialized temporary employees
- Professional English: specific events related vocabulary
- Strategies: understanding and interpreting synthetic documents (results and profit and loss statements); wrapping up an event and preparing the next one
- Human Resources: writing service supplier contracts and sticking to budgets, leading multidisciplinary teams from different cultures
- Safety regulations: applying specific rules relating to public spaces
- Special Events Engineering: launching the bidding process, designing and organizing an event from A to Z; preparing signs; including an environmentally friendly dimension, etc.
“All of these subjects are taught by professionals in special events who also supervise us in our final annual project: group work with a team of 4 setting up a special event, which is actually the practical application of everything that we learned in our theoretical courses.” Iswari Larue, from the 1st class in Events Management and since September, 2014, the Events Coordinator of Les Jardins du Marais and Best Western Le Patio Saint Antoine hotels.