Do Vatel alumni work in the Marketing, Communication, Sales or Guest Relationships departments in hotels? There are thousands of them throughout the world and nearly fifty of them came to speak about their jobs as “Successful Vateliens.”
- Have you always wanted to work in these fields?
- Or did you discover them during a practical application week in a Vatel application structure or during one of your internships?
- Or was your interest sparked in a professional presentation like the one that Esprit Media Events did?
There are many reasons why so many Vateliens decided to work in departments such as:
- Julia JACHOWICZ, the Marketing and Communication Manager at Project One Hospitality in New York, in the States
- Catherine CARDOSO, the Special Events Manager at the Four Seasons George V Palace in Paris, France
- Benjamin VACHER, the Marketing and Communication Manager at the Palais Sebban in Marrakesh, Morocco
- Phimnaphas AKHARAKASEMPONGSA, the Weddings and Special Events Coordinator at the Four Seasons Koh Samui Resort in Thailand.
A professional’s point of view
“Vatel students all really have a sparkle in their eyes. They are already elegant with their uniforms, but above all, they know how to wear them with a lot of style and natural poise. This means they have all the people-oriented skills that are required in communication and special events jobs.
Whether they are hired in an agency like mine or decide to work in the special events department of a hotel, I’m sure that they’ll become excellent professionals in communication and precious contacts for their clients, service providers, suppliers and fellow employees.
All the students I’ve met are really motived young professionals and I’m delighted by the fact that they could become my future employees or customers, as I work with many different hotels.” Olivier Fabregoul - Esprit Media Events General Manager in Vatel Nimes in December, 2015.